My client is an early stage Original Equipment Manufacturer that designs, manufactures and sells above-ground, non-submerged bioreactors and fully integrated packaged plants for industrial and municipal wastewater applications. Their particular focus is on low flow, high BOD industrial wastewater from food & beverage processing and decentralized sewage treatment.
This position is responsible for driving growth in the US market with a focus on the food & beverage market, and specifically craft brewing and wineries. The role involves both direct pursuit of sales leads and providing sales support to new and existing channel partners. This position will require regular domestic travel and occasional international travel. This is a work-from-home position based in the Western US.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining expertise on the company’s product offering and value proposition.
- Developing proficiency using design tools for system sizing and cost estimation.
- Applying market and technical knowledge to identify strong sales opportunities in target markets.
- Networking with potential customers, channel partners, and influencers through attendance at regional industry meetings and events.
- Participating in industry conferences, trade shows, meetings, and other events to educate existing and potential customers about the benefits of installing an onsite biological treatment system.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with existing channel partners and assisting in the identification and development of new channel partner relationships.
The ideal candidate will have
- A degree in Science or Engineering (preferred).
- 5-10 years’ experience in capital equipment sales to industrial facilities in the target market segments (F&B – breweries / wineries).
- Experience supporting a channel partner/distributor network for capital equipment sales.
- Experience with submitting detailed proposals.
- Wastewater treatment equipment sales experience strongly preferred. Knowledge and experience of biological wastewater treatment technologies a strong plus.
- Strong commercial acumen and communication skills required to navigate complex sales and consultative selling situations.
- Experience with negotiating deal structures/contracts & familiarity with legal agreements.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Jeff@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (978) 448-8080 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.