My client is an employee-owned, full-service engineering, architecture, construction, environmental and consulting solutions firm with a focus on Water and Power Systems. They are listed in the top 20 of FORTUNE’s 2017 list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Their rapidly growing Water practice has created the need for an experienced Project Manager to lead planning and design teams for medium to large water, multi-million-dollar wastewater treatment and distribution system projects.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Directing and coordinating Water/Wastewater activities of several disciplines on everything from major wastewater projects to projects of moderate scope, or a combination of smaller projects.
- Working with a multi-discipline team of engineers and technicians in the design of municipal water and wastewater treatment facilities as well as the contractors and construction staff on design/build projects.
- Client development, maintenance, and management; contract preparation and negotiation; coordination with regulatory agencies; project planning, budgeting, and scheduling; and the establishment of critical project objectives and performances.
- Planning, organizing, and communicating project personnel needs to department management.
- Mentoring less experienced staff and serving as a leader, improving the latest technologies in wastewater planning, design and construction methods.
- May initiate or assist in contract negotiations or preparation.
- Assisting in direction of project planning, budgeting and establishing critical project objectives.
This position requires a self-driven individual with municipal water or wastewater process and plant facilities background and the willingness to take on new challenges.
The ideal candidate will have
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years related experience in the design of municipal water or wastewater treatment facilities, including 3 or more years managing medium to large-sized water/wastewater projects with full responsibility for budget, schedule, contractual obligations, client service, and quality standards.
- A demonstrated ability in physical and chemical processes including filtration, chemical advanced oxidation, biological process, and hydraulics.
- Knowledge of structural design concepts and familiarity with codes and regulations.
- Familiarity with range of area issues related to wastewater systems including master planning, collection/distribution and pumping, with an emphasis on design and operations, and intimate knowledge of regulatory approval process.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Existing relationships with local and statewide municipal and private clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The capability of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to a broad area of assignments and the ability to devise new approaches to solve complex problems.
- Previous consulting experience.
- Professional engineer license or the ability to obtain within the first 6 months.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Jeff@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (978) 448-8080 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.