Our client is a well-established membrane manufacturer. Industry wide acceptance of their membrane products has created the need for a Principal Membrane Chemist based in their California facility. This position will be part of multi-functional team focused on development of new casting lines to produce improved UF membrane chemistries with the aim of producing first-in-class membrane products.
The Principal Membrane Chemist is responsible for:
- Developing and characterizing new flat sheet ultrafiltration (UF) membrane products as well as optimizing and improving existing UF flat sheet chemistries.
- Working in the lab to execute studies though production scale-up trials, to final production of products and processes.
- Providing technical expertise and troubleshooting to manufacturing for existing UF flat sheet membrane products and processes.
Specific role competencies include:
- Being highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Demonstrating technical, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Being able to work on multi-functional teams.
- Having excellent project management and project management skills.
- Communicating effectively with other departments.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing and developing new flat sheet UF membrane products.
- Optimizing performance of existing UF membrane products.
- Utilizing statistical design of experiments to effectively plan, analyze, and execute projects.
- Handling project management including planning, organizing, executing, tracking, and communication of progress.
- Managing multiple projects.
- Providing technical expertise to the UF membrane manufacturing department to resolve technical problems.
- Providing technical input to the design of a new and/or upgraded UF membrane coating line.
- Utilizing analytical equipment as needed.
- Adhering to core values of teamwork, integrity, excellence, and reliability.
Qualifications and skills for this position include:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Membrane Science, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the UF membrane business in a development role within a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Visio.
- Working knowledge and understanding of flat sheet UF phase inversion chemistries and processes.
- Demonstrating teamwork skills, technical, communication, and critical thinking.
- Planning and timeline management for multiple projects.
The salary for this position is $120K plus full benefits.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Christl@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (519) 270-3780 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com