My client is a leader in the development of innovative technologies to make more efficient use of the world’s water resources. Their patented products help produce high quality water for food & beverage processing, help with odor control, and deal with treatment of activated sludge in Municipal and Industrial applications.
They have an immediate need for an Engineering Manager to lead the design, fabrication, installation and commissioning of water treatment systems, with a particular focus on municipal drinking water applications. You will have overall responsibility for all projects, managing and supporting internal processes to increase productivity, decrease errors, and increase product value.
The following are the essential functions of the position:
- Initial review of project specifications and drawings and coordinate with Application Engineer to ensure the proposed design satisfies customer requirements.
- Initiate and manage the project kick-off and oversee the project from beginning to end.
- Ensure that all equipment purchased and built for the project complies with project specifications.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining project schedules.
- Creation, implementation, and overview of Standard Operating Procedures focused on project management standards to streamline and increase consistency of project management process with standard deliverables and expectations for each project.
- Manage specific projects that have a critical timeline, critical budget considerations, or that involve additional complexities.
- Review project costs with focus on cost savings to maximize project margin.
- Review/develop electrical requirements on skidded systems and oversee installation.
- Create and review control strategies, PLC integration, and PLC programming on skidded systems.
- Develop and review electrical and control portion of projects’ Bill of Material to support estimates used for sales proposals
- Manage all project risks including: required customer ship-date, critical equipment procurement, maintaining scope of supply and avoidance of project creep/post-shipment warranty modifications.
- Oversee all project closeouts including: review of all project quality control documents, completion of all project work tickets and completion of all project required documentation.
- Confirm successful installation and operation of equipment and complete project close-out.
The ideal candidate will have
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with technical major, preferably a Mechanical Engineer.
- Minimum 7 years in project management or a combination of project management and product application.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Ability to work independently subject to general management direction.
- Knowledge of product costing/accounting software.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Jeff@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (978) 448-8080 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.