Our client is a leading global producer of specialty chemicals for water-intensive industries, including the pulp, paper, oil and gas, chemical processing, mining, biorefining, power and municipal markets. Their products include a broad array of process, functional and water treatment chemistries as well as state-of-the-art monitoring and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect plant assets and minimize environmental impact.
The Senior Metallurgist will be responsible for the technical leadership of the Metallurgical Services Group. The primary focus of this position is providing metallurgical support to external customers in collaboration with our commercial and application teams. The support includes but is not limited to complete metallurgical failure analysis, corrosion assessment, metallurgical compatibility and evaluation of metallurgical issues via photos. This position may also provide technical guidance to the research and development group as well as manufacturing plants.
The qualifications of this opportunity include:
- Minimum Education: BS in Chemistry, Material Science or related Field with 10 years of Metallurgical Failure Analysis Experience
- Proven knowledge and experience with root cause metallurgical failure analysis including demonstrated recognition and understanding of material degradation mechanisms (e.g. general corrosion, under deposit corrosion, crevice corrosion, flow-assisted or flow-induced corrosion, stress-corrosion cracking, fatigue cracking, and thermal degradation of metals).
- Experience in all aspects of metallurgical testing lab capabilities including sample preparation, etching, and interpretation of microstructures.
- Familiarity with the design of industrial, pulp and paper, and power generation systems, piping/fluid transport systems and associated equipment.
- Knowledge of physical and chemical properties of ferrous and non-ferrous metals associated with industrial, pulp & paper, and utility systems. Knowledge of welding procedures also preferred.
- Knowledge of industrial cooling and boiler water treatment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate regularly with international functional groups, sales, field applications, R&D, and marketing.
- Knowledge of corrosion coupon testing
The salary for this position is $100,000 – $130,000, plus an excellent benefits package.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Christl@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (519) 270-3780 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com