Our client is one of the world’s premier providers of reliability solutions to the most complex facilities, including the refining, oil and gas, petrochemical, specialty chemical, mining, and water treatment industries. Founded in 2006, they have experienced exceptional growth.
They partner with clients to improve their business performance through more reliable operations and innovative strategies that-
- Mitigate risk of downtime, loss of containment, and ensure safety of personnel
- Optimize costs associated with inspection, maintenance, and total asset spend
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards
Their goal is to help facilities tackle core challenges with an integrated, reliability-centered approach designed to increase the reliability of aging equipment, minimize risk, and optimize Operations and Maintenance (O&M) costs while also improving O&M standards and overall performance.
They seek an experienced Business Development Manager to actively generate new leads and drive them to close in order to grow their customer base.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Self-generate and qualify leads (both reliability and O&M) in the North American water/wastewater industry through:
- Personal network
- Events and shows (leverage marketing)
- Campaigns (leverage marketing)
- Channel partners
- Qualify inbound leads that come from marketing
- Effectively drive customer discovery (understanding customer problem) and the building of collaborative solutions that solve problems.
- Effectively drive proposal and estimate generation and approval, and relay to client according to the agreed upon collaborative solutions.
- Effectively drive contract agreement (leverage legal) and commercial terms in accordance with the company’s best interest.
- Effectively kickoff and handover agreed upon solution to ensure successful completion of work.
- Ensure that if the initial scope is an assessment or pilot scope, it is stewarded appropriately to maximize value for the customer long term and results in best in class reliability at the site.
- Support Solution team in tackling key initiatives around systematic increase of deal flow and speed, including but not limited to digital advertising and marketing, ground campaigns, sales process upgrades, sales material upgrades, proposal generation upgrades, and the fostering of channel partners.
- Serve as continuous voice of the customer back to sales, marketing, and product development for the served market(s).
- Keep CRM system up to date with leads and deals.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or 10+ year in technical exposure to the industry.
- 10+ years of experience of operations in the water/wastewater industry and an in depth understanding of the business, workings, and organization of those facilities.
- A 5+ year proven record of previous sales or account management, including a demonstration of exceeding sales quotas and growing accounts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, a facilitator, and a people-person.
- A strong analytical mind capable of organizing abstract problems and translating into tangible, value-add solutions.
- Strong aptitude for learning new processes and techniques.
- Willingness to travel 60% of the time.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage more than one customer pursuit.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- In-depth understanding of company key customers and their position in the industry.
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions.
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability follow-through on client contracts.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Jeff@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (978) 448-8080 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Jeff Smith & Associates is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.