Our client is a small but rapidly growing innovative water treatment technology manufacturer and service company. Their proprietary wastewater treatment technology uses renewable and waste energy sources to power evaporative water treatment processes used in natural gas production, coal power plants and solid waste industries.
The Controls and Instrumentation Technician position requires someone who is able to work independently but is looking to play a large role in a team environment and wants to grow with the company. This position is based in Wisconsin, Richmond VA or Pittsburgh but requires travel to customer sites.
The Controls and Instrumentation Technician is responsible for:
- Supporting team that designs controls systems on projects.
- Supporting operations and commissioning activities
- Interfacing with managers and engineers to determine needs.
- Training operators and technicians on use of diagnostic tools, control devices, and process instrumentation.
- Supporting laboratory and onsite process development.
- Responding to calls from Heartland’s operations team and our customers concerning company’s equipment.
- Meeting with customers and is onsite to train and troubleshoot.
- Supporting development of written operating and maintenance procedures
Requirements for this position include:
- Experienced with commissioning and troubleshooting of 24VDC control voltage, 4-20 mA, HART, ethernet/IP, as well as 120VAC and 480VAC voltage systems, including associated safety considerations; experience with design preferred
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude for understanding and troubleshooting the Heartland process, including proficiency with reading and auditing P&IDs and electrical schematics.
- Experience with conducting FAT tests and on-site commissioning, including preparation, execution, and documenting follow-up, a requirement
- Familiarity with basic PLC communication, troubleshooting, and programming is desired, especially Allen Bradley / Rockwell Automation (Studio 5000).
- Understanding of instrumentation (flowmeters, pressure transmitters, etc.) is required
- Familiarity with HMI screen development/troubleshooting is desired; Heartland uses Inductive Automation software for HMI screens.
- Minimum 8 years job related experience preferably in wastewater, chemical, pharmaceutical or other process industry. Must be knowledgeable on process instrumentation, process equipment and operating procedures.
- Proficient with specifying, configuring, and troubleshooting VFDs, including Allen Bradley Power Flex models.
- Proficiency with PC’s and related software such as spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Project-based travel to vendor and customer sites will require overnight travel or extended stay. Travel will be within USA and to other countries. Advance notice of travel will be given for planned work but travel may be required from time to time with less notice.
- Must be able to perform these essential job functions including: climbing ladders and steps, lifting up to50 pounds, extensive walking in outdoor surfaces, and working in outdoor conditions year round.
- High level of safety awareness. Formal safety training is beneficial.
- A valid driver’s license is required. Must be eligible to work in the United States, Asia, and Latin America. Experience with project management, purchasing, database support is very desirable.
The salary for this position is $70,000 – $85,000, plus an outstanding benefits package which includes health, dental and disability insurances, 401(k) plan, and a Section 125 flexible spending account plan.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Christl@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (519) 270-3780 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com