My client assists water suppliers that face increased costs due to the contamination of their drinking water supplies by chemicals from commercial products.
When the use of commercial products results in contamination of a community’s drinking water supplies, the costs to respond to contamination may get passed to ratepayers and taxpayers. My client uses the legal process to compel businesses who had profited from products that caused the pollution to pay to clean up their own mess, including paying for construction and operation of treatment facilities. Over our 15-year history, we have delivered over $1 Billion from corporate polluters to our clients.
They are looking for a personable, data- and results-driven Business Development Manager to lead business development efforts in the Northeastern US. You will work closely with marketers and lawyers to identify market and business opportunities and drive growth in your region. This is a full-time position based in in the Northeast that reports to the CMO and Head of Client Engagement.
- Create high-impact regional strategy and business plans for growing the company’s client base.
- Create, manage, execute and optimize regional marketing plans and event calendars in collaboration with marketing, law and administrative staff.
- Raise brand awareness and interest by producing content, delivering presentations and partnering with water industry trade associations and publications.
- Identify, prioritize and pursue high-potential business opportunities.
- Earn clients’ trust, business and referrals with a collaborative, informative, relationship-based approach to selling.
- Define success metrics and measure progress and outcomes against those metrics.
- 5+ years of demonstrated, quantifiable success in business development in the water industry.
- Proven track record selling complex, high-value products and/or services.
- Superior written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- A digital-native, proficient in digital and social media tools and Salesforce, Office 365 and other software tools.
- Deep knowledge of regional and national political, economic, social, technological, environmental and legal trends.
- Passion for delivering clean drinking water to ratepayers at a fair price.
- Experience working with public entities (e.g. state, city and local governments) and investor-owned water utilities.
- Extensive professional network of close contacts in the water industry.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- BS degree in a technical field (e.g. science, technology, engineering, math) preferred.
- MBA and/or JD preferred.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Jeff@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (978) 448-8080 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.