My client provides a range of trusted disinfection, oxidation and filtration technologies for water and wastewater treatment in the energy, marine and municipal markets worldwide. With more than 50 years’ experience in water treatment, the company has developed, delivered and installed thousands of installations worldwide across a variety of applications.
They have an immediate need for a Regional Sales Manager position in the Southern US (NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, TN, LA, OK). This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the efforts for all municipal and industrial sales and related functions for multiple disinfection and filtration product lines within the Southern Region through a multi-tiered channel partner network. This position reports to the Director of Sales.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing plans to increase sales and market share of all assigned product lines by developing relationships and using effective communications with municipal government officials, consulting engineers, contractors, industrial end users, utility companies and channel partners.
- Promoting company solutions to specifiers, influencers and end users via the application of company products and services; qualifying projects, comparing competitive alternatives, and generating scopes of supply with client for estimating purposes; providing application and design guidance for company products and services.
- Coordinating sales distribution by establishing quotas and other goals with representatives and distributors.
- Seeking out and researching prospective projects through established sales channels and recommending the development of alternate sales channels. Driving the process for major project pursuit; developing sales strategies with inside sales support and the channel partner network. Assisting with the negotiations of contracts for purchase/ the legal staff (paralegals, etc.).
- Conducting commercial and technical presentations.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key purchasing influencers and decision makers.
- Providing external leadership for the assigned product or market by actively participating in trade shows, technical seminars and product training activities.
- Recommending product pricing targets, and ensuring that profit margins are maximized for the assigned product
- Working with marketing and promotion, including advertising, review media, specials sales, and subsidiary rights
- Maintaining forecast, projects and sales activities in CRM database with the necessary information to provide the required monthly, quarterly and yearly reports.
- Bidding projects with sales channels, provide the bidding strategy before the bid and work with the Business Unit to prepare the bid proposals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment markets, with an emphasis on disinfection and filtration technologies preferred.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills in motivating others.
- Strong technical and application knowledge of disinfection and/or filtration technologies required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business development and sales experience in Municipal and Industrial markets.
- Prior experience in Technical Sales, with filtration experience highly desirable.
- Familiar with principles and practices of water and waste water treatment
- Sales skills and strong technical knowledge are a must
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Jeff@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (978) 448-8080 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Jeff Smith & Associates is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.