My client is currently seeking a Sales Engineer to manage accounts direct and sell through channels into the Laboratory Market in their New England and New York territory. They have a long record of success (more than 50 years) providing water purification for laboratories worldwide. The brand is renowned across the globe for excellent quality and reliability. They have built their success on a commitment to quality and customer care, together with a major emphasis on applied research and development.
This is a direct hands-on selling position with an opportunity to grow the Lab Water business in a very laboratory enriched territory. The specific Market includes Universities, Medical Centers, Clinical Labs, Forensics, Environmental, Industrial Quality Control, Pharmaceutical, and Biotech. Experience dealing in this market is preferred.
Duties of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Support and grow multiple product channels to market.
- Support, justify and manage product pricing.
- Develop a solid territory business growth Sales Plan.
- Generate additional service revenue for the territory.
- Provide product demonstrations and presentations.
- Maintain and update CRM on a regular basis.
- Provide monthly sales updates and territory overview.
- Effectively manage travel and expense budget for maximum and measurable impact.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Science or Engineering (Chemistry, Biology, Med Tech or Environmental Engineering).
- 3+ years of outside sales experience, preferred. Experience working for Lab Products distributor is a plus.
- Successful sales experience meeting targets including sales quotas, metrics, and objectives.
- Experience selling into the Laboratory Market, both direct and through Distributors is a must.
- Organized and good networking skills.
- Self-motivated with high performance goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Must be willing and able to travel up to 75% covering assigned multi-state territory – New England and New York.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Jeff@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (978) 448-8080 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.