My client provides a range of trusted disinfection, oxidation and filtration technologies for water and wastewater treatment in industrial and municipal markets worldwide. With more than 50 years’ experience in water treatment, the company has developed, delivered and installed thousands of installations worldwide across a variety of applications.
They have an immediate need for an experienced sales professional to focus on Heavy Industries throughout North America. With a key focus on the Process Water for the Steel Industry, other markets will include Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Power.
Working from a home office with easy access to a major airport, specific responsibilities include:
- Develops plans to increase sales and market share of all assigned product lines by developing relationships and using effective communications with industrial end users in Steel, Power, Oil & Gas and Petrochemical markets.
- Responsible for promoting company solutions to specifiers, influencers and end users via the application of company products and services; qualifies projects, compares competitive alternatives; provides application and design guidance for company products and services.
- Drives the process for major project pursuit developing sales strategies with inside sales support and works with Aftersales to develop and expand Aftermarket sales.
- Assist with the negotiations of contracts for purchase with the legal staff (paralegals, etc.).
- Conducts commercial and technical presentations.
- Provides external leadership for the assigned product or market by actively participating in trade shows, technical seminars and product training activities.
- Recommend product pricing targets, and ensures that profit margins are maximized for the assigned product.
- Works with marketing and promotion, including advertising, review media, specials sales, and subsidiary rights.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and yearly forecasts for the region.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors degree and 5-10 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in industrial water and wastewater treatment markets, with an emphasis on filtration technologies required. Additionally, should have:
- Prior experience in Technical Sales with filtration solutions for water/wastewater treatment and strong technical and application knowledge of filtration technologies.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business development and sales experience.
- Familiar with principles and practices of water and wastewater treatment.
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated, with a driving desire for success.
Requires overnight travel approximately 50 – 75% of the time.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Jeff@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (978) 448-8080 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Jeff Smith & Associates is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.