Our client is a global leader in industrial filtration, separation and purification technologies, specializing in ion exchange resins. This is a newly created position due to company growth in their ion exchange division.
The Sales & Business Development Manager position is responsible for implementing programs targeted towards generating business in applications of ion exchange resins globally. This is a remote work position, ideally in northern USA. The Sales & BDM responsible for:
- Identifying new potential customers and developing the business of ion exchange resins in the food and beverage, petrochemical, high purity water treatment, and wastewater treatment markets. This includes selective contaminant removal and power generation to achieve corporate objectives for sales of products and services.
- Managing existing power generation accounts in North America.
- Forecasting sales and achieving set performance goals.
- Preparing periodic sales reports showing sales volumes, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Meeting with existing and potential clients and maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing deals.
- Evaluating market research needs and overseeing any market research projects that are undertaken.
- Bringing forward new product ideas based on market trends that can be taken up developed as R&D projects.
- Assisting in developing strategic business plans with year on year quantifiable metrics.
- Implementing advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Monitoring competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Representing the company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Assisting other departments within the company to prepare manuals and technical publications.
The educational and experience requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Discipline (Preferably Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering/Chemistry)
- 10+ years of related experience in the in the Ion Exchange industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- At least 5 years Ion exchange resin sales and market.
Core competencies for this position include:
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong customer / client focus.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving / analysis.
- Results driven.
- Strategic thinker.
The salary for this position $100 – 110K plus an anticipated 20% commission and full benefits. Travel requirements are estimated to be 50%
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Christl@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (519) 270-3780 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com