Our client provides specialty chemicals, technical services, equipment and technologies for asset protection in the oil and gas industry. Their programs maximize production efficiency and lower operating expenses for running wells. With domestic oil production increasing substantially over the past few years, they provide valuable solutions to minimize problems associated with oil well profitability.
They are hiring an Applications Manager to provide leadership and technical direction to their Field teams for flow assurance with upstream oil production processes. Knowledge of process chemistry, and the chemical products to solve customer issues is the primary responsibility. Products reduce/eliminate scale and corrosion and prevent formation of substances which negatively impact the oil producing system. The Manager will perform/direct the work necessary to develop, create and apply the products for this application area. This role will have responsibility to drive the success of any new product introductions, deliver focused internal and customer training and facilitate continuous improvement initiatives. Location in Southeast Texas preferred, or close to a major airport. Key activities are:
- Support field trials, commercialization and deployment efforts and write reports of site visits
- Provide technical support and interface as an expert on company technology and understanding customer processes
- Work with the field organization to identify the financial benefits of company programs
- Design technical audit templates as needed
- Provide onsite audit support for pre-bid technical qualification including laboratory testing, qualification and process flow documentation
- Assist in development, execution and analysis of field trials
- Provide input to develop new technology candidates as well as support new technology deployment through presentations at technical presentations, industry conferences and in technical publications
- Collaborate with team in the development of new product blends
- Provide field support to account managers in the preparation of bids, proposals, and RFQ’s
- Follow-up with customers to ensure satisfaction and remedy any concerns or complaints
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry or Technical Sciences with 5+ years industry experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to transfer technical knowledge to others
- Technical expertise in chemical products used in Oil Production industry
- Leadership skills to lead teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
- Innovative: Develop and execute new ideas
- Team oriented: Ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
Candidates should forward a resume (MS Word) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience to Ric@jsmithassoc.com . Or call Ric Feldt at (508) 720-0660.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in Life Sciences/Bioprocess, Filtration, and Water & Wastewater Treatment. To see other opportunities on which we are currently working, view our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.