Our client is a southern Florida County that operates a water / wastewater utility system. Due to advancement, the position of Senior Manager, Water / Wastewater Utility has become available. This position provides oversight to the County including operations, planning, organizational and financial management. It is also responsible for the County’s sustainable water supply system, surface and groundwater protection/enhancement, wastewater collection and treatment, protection of public health and the maintenance and enhancement of existing public infrastructure.
The County is embarking on a massive upgrade and expansion of both water and wastewater treatment infrastructures and is undertaking a formal initiative to prioritize rehabilitation of existing aging infrastructure. They require a dynamic leader to take the reins and oversee these projects and work on new processes.
The duties of this position include:
- Serving as the technical advisor representing proposed capital improvement projects (CIP) ($300M+) for Water and Wastewater.
- Directing the preparation of the annual operating budget ($75M+) and exercising budgetary controls.
- Coordinating responses to inquiries relative to specific projects and other information as required.
- Attending public meetings, preparing reports, and conducting formal presentations.
- Acting as a liaison with the regulated community, regulatory agencies and professional organizations to resolve outstanding program issues.
- Acting as a staff liaison for the Water and Sewer Advisory Committee (WSAC) committee.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Public or Business Administration, Civil or Environmental Engineering, or a related field with eight (8) years related experience -OR-
- Master’s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Civil or Environmental Engineering, or a related field with six (6) or more years of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- This position does not require PE license. Advanced professional certification highly desirable. Previous managerial experience.
Competencies for this position include:
- Knowledge of water resource management, engineering, water and wastewater treatment process, ecology, government organizations, structure and procedure to address principle issues of water resource management and growth.
- Ability to manage people and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate and compromise.
- Skill in supervising/guiding/mentoring/developing staff.
- Ability to prepare and manage a division budget.
- Clear, concise and sensitive presentation skills.
- Excellent judgment and discretion.
The salary for this position is $80,000 to $105,000, plus an outstanding benefits package. Excellent advancement potential.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Christl@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (519) 270-3780 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com