Reporting to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing, this position is responsible for developing, managing and leading sales for water / wastewater treatment equipment for the food and beverage or institutional laundry industries. This opportunity is based in either the Los Angeles, Texas or the SE USA.
The RSM will be responsible for sales to A&E, channel partners and direct sales. This position is expected to attain or exceed bookings/revenue targets while controlling sales expenses within budget and assure that cost of sales are well aligned to marketing objectives. Working with the Business Center, the RSM will develop and maintain a strategic sales plan.
Direct strategy for retention of existing account base and development of new capital customers. Maintain personal customer contact with major customers and provide a positive direction for major accounts and prospects.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Performing advance discovery from customers in order to advocate energy, water and/ or wastewater solutions.
- Develop and present sales presentations. Negotiate contracts in alignment with company policies.
- Develop and implement the strategy to meet the annual objectives. Provide feedback to market for competitive intel, case studies and market trends.
- Identify, develop, and sell value-added, integrated offerings through multiple sales channels in related markets, consistent with the business plans, and target markets developed by the business center
- Conceptualize, develop, modify and execute System designs and proposals.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets and business plans for the largest and most complex projects.
- Have ability to demonstrate financial returns on capital equipment investments to high level professionals, including organizing data, schedules and enter key performance indicators in company CRM; and,
- Provide accurate sales forecasting to management; and meet or exceed sales budget and capital bookings targets.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Science or Business (or related);
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in a similar role within a similar industry;
- Experience in negotiating terms and conditions, demonstrated ability to lead others in the relevant area;
- Familiarity with the principles of heating, water and wastewater treatment, industrial capital equipment markets, and industrial services;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products and CRM;
The salary for this position is $90-110K plus an UNCAPPED BONUS (anticipated total compensation $200K+) and full benefits. Travel is 50-75% for the territory.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Christl@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (519) 270-3780 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.