Our client is a well-established global leader in the design, engineering and manufacturing of membrane products. They are a small, highly profitable firm that requires a Sales Manager to assist in taking them to the next level. This opportunity is ideal for the person that wants to play a key role in the direction of the company and is looking for a long-term growth opportunity. This position is based in the Boston area, and reports to the CEO.
Qualification for this opportunity include:
- BS Mechanical, Chemical or Environmental Engineering, or scientific education with electromechanical aptitude.
- 3 to 5 years related industrial sales or application engineering.
- Experience selling technical products to water and wastewater OEM equipment manufacturers and engineering consultants.
- Established industry relationships in the wastewater marketplace.
- Motivated by commission income growth.
- Must be a key team member motivated by new technology and company growth.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Working with the VP of Product and Technology and the CEO to develop a sales growth plan for dramatically increasing sales over the next 3 to 5 years while maintaining gross margins and EBIDTA margins.
- Expanding the existing OEM network by market, application and geography.
- Developing a sales strategy for selling to engineering consultants by getting the firm’s products specified and assist in developing any sales tools needed to increase the effectiveness of this effort.
- Working with the VP of Product and Technology to promote the company’s membrane products at targeted trade associations, and participating and speaking at trade shows.
- Over time, this position will be responsible for growing sales at the key existing OEM accounts and developing a strategy for increasing the percentage of quotes to closure ratio.
- Identifying ways to grow the aftermarket business although the management and execution of these sales will be handled by the application engineers.
- Following all leads and developing sales plans to reach the end users in the target markets.
- Tracking and analyzing business opportunities and determining the most efficient and cost effective way to service the customer information requests.
- Reviewing and get approval for pricing strategies from the VP of Product and Technology/CEO
- Preparing and having all quoting applications approved by the VP of Product and Technology prior to submission to the customer.
- Providing customer feedback to the management team regarding product performance, organizational performance, quality and service.
- Documenting all sales calls in writing and establishing a priority opportunity rating system for use in marketing campaigns and follow-up timing schedules.
- Identifying and quantifying opportunities for new product development.
The base salary for this position is $90,000 to $110,000, plus an excellent commission plan and full benefits. Travel requirements for this opportunity are 50% across North America.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Christl@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (519) 270-3780 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com