My client is a leading producer of resin for use in applications that include Ion Exchange, Adsorbants, Catalysts and other Life Science applications. They have an immediate need for a strong, technical sales professional with experience selling water and wastewater solutions, ideally both equipment and chemicals. Specific target markets will include Power, Pulp & Paper and Petrochem. You will be responsible for managing and growing a base of business in your territory while Hunting for new business opportunities. Other responsibilities will include:
- Becoming proficient in the Technology, product line and application areas;
- Maximizing sales through a distributor network as well as direct sales to OEMs, Contractors, etc.
- Identifying new opportunities of interest in terms of new markets, new applications, and product requirements and defining the strategy enabling the company to reinforce and build their position (market share, price level, margin, customer follow-up, and confidence).
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 year’s sales experience in the chemical industry;
- Must be a Hunter with a record of success developing and closing new business opportunities;
- Must be adept in Solution Selling;
- Must be self-motivated and able to successfully operate out of a home office;
- Must be able to work effectively in a collaborative environment;
- Able to travel throughout the region 60% of the time.
This position works from a home office in the territory which includes: FL, SC, AL, OH, MS, KY, TN and GA.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Jeff@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (978) 448-8080 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Jeff Smith & Associates is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.