Our client is a small but rapidly growing innovative water treatment technology manufacturer and service company. Their proprietary wastewater treatment technology uses renewable and waste energy sources to power evaporative water treatment processes used in natural gas production, coal power plants and solid waste industries.
The Technical Service Support Technician position requires someone who is able to work independently but is looking to play a large role in a team environment and wants to grow with the company. This position is ideally based in Wisconsin.
The Technical Service Support Technician is responsible for:
- Supporting technology development, operations and commissioning.
- Interfacing with managers and engineers to determine needs.
- Training operators and technicians on use of lab instruments, diagnostic tools, control devices and process instrumentation.
- Performing laboratory and onsite process development.
- Responding to calls from company’s operations team and our customers concerning company’s equipment.
- Meeting with customers and handling onsite training
Requirements for this position include:
- High level of safety awareness. Formal safety training is beneficial
- Minimum 8 years job related experience preferably in wastewater, chemical, pharmaceutical or other process industry. Must be knowledgeable on process instrumentation, process equipment and operating procedures.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude for understanding process and problem troubleshooting.
- Trained and demonstrated proficiency in understanding 480V, 120V and lower voltage circuits, controls and instrumentation.
- An understanding of instrumentation and PLC programming is required, primarily Allan Bradley and Ignition software.
- Proficiency with PCs and related software such as spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Experience with project management, purchasing, database support is very desirable
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions including climbing ladders and steps, lifting up to 50 pounds, extensive walking in outdoor surfaces, and working in outdoor conditions year-round.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to project sites, customer and vendor sites throughout the US, Asia and Latin America.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience plus an outstanding benefits package which includes health, dental and disability insurances, 401(k) plan, and a Section 125 flexible spending account plan.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Christl@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (519) 270-3780 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com