Our client is a small but rapidly growing innovative water treatment technology manufacturer and service company. Their proprietary wastewater treatment technology uses renewable and waste energy sources to power evaporative water treatment processes used in natural gas production, coal power plants and solid waste industries.
The Controls and Instrumentation Engineer position is ideally suited to someone who is looking to play a large role in a team environment and wants to grow with the company. The position is based in southern Wisconsin, at the company’s head office.
The Controls and Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for:
- Developing all instrumentation specifications including control panels using Allen Bradley PLCs and power distribution panels and related components.
- Implementing process control strategies, PLC programming, Ethernet IP networking, HMI programming.
- Managing factory acceptance Testing in a shop setting.
- Supporting on-site commissioning as part of multi-disciplinary team.
- Handling systems operations of controls troubleshooting, both on-site and through remote log-in
Requirements for this position include:
- Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering degree, or equivalent Associates degree and/or technical certifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience specifying, programming, commissioning controls systems
- Proficiency with LL, SFCs, FBDs, and ST programming via Studio 5000
- Proficiency with EthernetIP, ModBus, and other industrial communications protocols
- Proficiency with specifying, configuring, and troubleshooting VFDs, including Allen Bradley Power Flex models
- Competency with design, implementation, and troubleshooting of 24VDC control voltage, 4-20 mA, HART, as well as 120VAC and 480VAC voltage systems, including associated safety considerations
- Experience in Autocad and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of electric codes and standards
- Understanding of P&IDs and electrical schematics
- Project management skills involving development of project requirements, budgeting, scheduling, and closing projects.
The salary for this position is $100,000 to $120,000, plus an outstanding benefits package which includes health, dental and disability insurances, 401(k) plan, and a Section 125 flexible spending account plan. Candidates must be able to travel to project sites, customer and vendor sites throughout the US.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Christl@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (519) 270-3780 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com