Our client is a small but rapidly growing innovative water treatment technology manufacturer and service company. Their proprietary wastewater treatment technology uses renewable and waste energy sources to power evaporative water treatment processes used in natural gas production, coal power plants and solid waste industries.
The Senior Process Engineer position is ideally suited to someone who is looking to play a large role in a team environment and wants to grow with the company. The position is based either in southern Wisconsin, the Boston area, or remote work for the right person.
The Senior Process Engineer is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing wastewater treatment system projects.
- Designing new wastewater treatment processes.
- Designing and developing P&IDs and process control strategies.
- Coordinating third party consultants and laboratories.
- Overseeing and supporting company operations from system design through manufacturing and system implementation.
Requirements for this position include:
- Chemical or Mechanical engineering degree.
- Minimum 8 years job related experience preferably in wastewater, chemical, power, or other process industries. Your experience should include specifications of process equipment such as instrumentation, pumps, blowers, VFDs, and piping systems.
- Knowledge of inorganic chemistry, wastewater chemistry, power plant chemistry, or a similar field.
- Experience directing work of consultants, labs, and vendors.
Additional experience which is preferred includes:
- Proficiency in process modeling and optimization.
- Understanding laboratory analytical chemistry techniques.
- Experience with managing benchtop testing, pilot development/execution, and technology/product development.
- Experience in applications engineering, support of sales/marketing efforts.
- Understanding electrical components, electrical schematics, Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Project management skills involving development of project requirements, budgeting, scheduling, and closing projects.
The salary for this position is $100,000 to $120,000, plus an outstanding benefits package which includes health, dental and disability insurances, 401(k) plan, and a Section 125 flexible spending account plan. Candidates must be able to travel to project sites, customer and vendor sites throughout the US.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Christl@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (519) 270-3780 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com