My client is a Wastewater Treatment Management Company committed to expanding its brands through
the development and deployment of innovative science-based technologies. Their growth has created a
new opportunity for a dynamic individual to join their team as a Technical Sales Engineer to drive sales of
their System Solutions into Municipal and Industrial accounts in the Eastern US. This is an exceptional
opportunity with excellent growth potential as they seek someone who can advance quickly into more
responsible roles and eventually a senior leadership role within the company.
This key role is responsible for working with Manufacturers Rep Firms, Consulting Engineers, Industrial
Customers, Municipalities, and Contractors. This is a consultative sales position that requires expertise
with interpreting schematics, drawings and designs to consult with engineers to sell the solution. This is
an excellent opportunity to join a growing company offering a competitive base salary, commission and
benefits requiring approximately 75% travel. This is a work-from-home opportunity that may be located
anywhere in the Eastern US.
You will be responsible for sales and profit growth, using a consultative sales approach. Experience in
Engineering, working for a Manufacturer, or a Manufacturer’s Rep firm, is highly preferred.
Keys to success in this role include:
- Customer Service. Passion for providing a high level of customer service and business
development activities along with an in-depth understanding of sales principles.
- Mechanical and Business Sales Acumen. Ability to build relationships and sell a proven
solution to wastewater treatment strategies. Persistence and ability to overcome obstacles.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact; work collaboratively with diverse group of
people at all levels with internal and external customers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- College degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Industrial).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in sales with a proven track record in negotiations and closing
- Experience in water or wastewater treatment.
- The ability to work with and communicate with a variety of people in a positive, persuasive
and professional manner.
- Ability to travel 50-75%.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email
describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Jeff@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may
call (978) 448-8080 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Jeff Smith & Associates is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional
candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we
are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.