Our client is a well-established, privately held company that operates as an OEM for Water Treatment systems for Industrial, Commercial and Residential use. This is a unique opportunity for the right person who wants to assume the key technical role which will lead to company growth and profitability.
As a key member of the team, you will:
- Oversee Company’s complete catalog of systems and products, as well as assist in developing sales and product application teams.
- Work closely with president, and sales and purchasing managers.
- Provide support and direction for sales tools and marketing materials.
- Evolve the product line and develop concepts for new products.
- Design and support commercial and light industrial water treatment equipment and systems, including softening and filtration systems, based on raw water analysis.
- Take incoming calls and process orders from regular customers, including water treatment dealers, system integrators, OEMS, chemical water treaters, well drillers and some end-users, as well as answer questions about water treatment systems, control valves, pumps and related equipment.
- Work with operations to provide project guidance and support in assembly of commercial and light industrial water treatment systems.
- Bid and proposal preparation.
- Discuss with customers total product offerings and provide outstanding customer service and support.
- Occasional travel to worksites for system startup, troubleshoot existing systems or training.
- Procure, process, expedite and monitor/follow-up on customer orders, which may include material sourcing.
- Responsible for assisting the department with special projects and various other sales needs as arise.
They are looking for an individual to support the technical requirements of these businesses by providing:
- Detailed knowledge on the operation of water treatment control valves, specifically Fleck, Clack and Autotrol brands.
- Ability to size commercial and light industrial water softeners, filters, ion exchange units and other water treatment systems and equipment.
- Ability to evaluate and diagnose problem water and make suggestions for effective solutions, including relating to hardness, pH, iron, VOCs, heavy metals and other substances.
- Familiarity with chemical dosing/metering pumps and technologies.
- Customer support and troubleshooting for existing water treatment systems and components, control valves and ion exchange resins and filter media.
- Extensive understanding of water chemistry and ion exchange resins and various filter media, and how they interact with pressure and flow.
- Ability to work within the team framework to support, and assist in developing more, commercial and light industrial customer accounts.
- Substantial experience in sales, service, system design or other customer-facing position in the pump and/or water treatment industries.
- Specific experience, either as an installer/service technician or in the wholesale/distribution of water treatment equipment preferred, particularly with respect to commercial/industrial applications and system’s design.
- Familiarity with commercial and industrial boiler systems; integrated systems such as commercial reverse osmosis systems; ultrapure water systems; and diaphragm valves and valve nests.
- WQA or CWT certification a plus.
The base salary for this position is $110-$130K plus profit sharing and full benefits. Preferred candidates are those willing to relocate, but a part time remote work plan will be considered for the right applicant.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Christl@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (519) 270-3780 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Jeff Smith & Associates is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.