My client is a well-established, privately held company that operates as an OEM for Water Treatment systems and Distributor of pumps for Industrial, Commercial and Residential use. They are looking for an individual to support the technical requirements of these businesses by providing:
- Detailed knowledge on the operation of water treatment control valves, specifically Fleck, Clack and Autotrol brands.
- Ability to size commercial and light industrial softeners, filters, ion exchange units and other water treatment systems and equipment.
- Ability to evaluate and diagnose problem water and make suggestions for effective solutions, including relating to hardness, pH, iron, VOCs, heavy metals and other substances.
- Familiarity with chemical dosing/metering pumps and technologies.
- Customer support and troubleshooting for existing water treatment systems and components, control valves and ion exchange resins and filter media.
- Extensive understanding of water chemistry and ion exchange resins and various filter media, and how they interact with pressure and flow.
- Ability to work within the team framework to support, and assist in developing more, commercial and light industrial customer accounts.
As a key member of the team, you will:
- Take incoming calls and process orders from regular customers, including water treatment dealers, system integrators, OEMS, chemical water treaters, well drillers and some end-users, as well as answer questions about water treatment systems, control valves, pumps and related equipment.
- Design and support commercial and light industrial water treatment equipment and systems, including softening and filtration systems, based on raw water analysis.
- Work with operations to provide project guidance and support in assembly of commercial and light industrial water treatment systems.
- Bid and proposal preparation.
- Discuss with customers total product offerings and provide outstanding customer service and support.
- Interface with other inside sales/technical personnel, as well as outside sales staff, to solve customer problems. Occasional travel to worksites for system startup or troubleshoot existing systems.
- Procure, process, expedite and monitor/follow-up on customer orders, which may include material sourcing.
- Responsible for assisting the department with special projects and various other sales needs as arise.
- Substantial experience in sales, service, system design or other customer-facing position in the pump and/or water treatment industries.
- Specific experience, either as an installer/service technician or in the wholesale/distribution of water treatment equipment preferred, particularly with respect to commercial/industrial applications and system’s design.
- Familiarity with commercial and industrial boiler systems; integrated systems such as commercial reverse osmosis systems; ultrapure water systems; and diaphragm valves and valve nests.
- WQA certification a plus.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Christl@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (519) 270-3780 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Jeff Smith & Associates is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.