My client is a leader in the development of innovative technologies to make more efficient use of the world’s water resources. Their patented products help produce high quality water for food & beverage processing, help with odor control, and deal with treatment of activated sludge in Municipal and Industrial applications. This position has been created due to company growth.
The position is responsible for overall fabrication/production of multiple municipal and industrial projects including quality control, adherence to timetable and control over costs/budget.
The following are the essential functions of the position.
- Initiate and manage the project kick-off and oversee the project from beginning to end and monitor progress of project to ensure timely completion.
- Effectively manage both internal resources (project coordination/assistance, drafting, fabrication and welding) as well as external resources (vendors, suppliers and outside fab/welding).
- Ensure that all equipment purchased and built for the project complies with project specifications.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining project schedules.
- Review and report on project costs with focus on cost savings to maximize project margin.
- Manage all project risks including: required customer ship-date, critical equipment procurement, maintaining scope of supply and avoidance of project creep.
- Working with Design Engineer, review and assist (as necessary) in drafting and design of project systems/equipment.
- Monitor quality assurance of manufactured and purchased product, including Factory Testing, if required.
- Oversee all project closeouts including: review of all project quality control documents, completion of all project work tickets and completion of all project required documentation.
- Confirm successful installation and operation of equipment and complete project close-out including receipt of any project retention.
- Assume other assignments as directed by Director of Engineering & Operations.
The following education and/or experience are required:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with technical major, preferably a Mechanical Engineer.
- Minimum 3 years in project management, with demonstrated ability to manage internal and external resources.
- Preferred 3 years working experience using SolidWorks or AutoCAD.
- Must be proficient with the computer, office software.
- Applicant must be energetic, positive and assertive.
- Strong technical knowledge.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you may call (519) 270-3780 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Jeff Smith & Associates is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.