Our client is a national groundwater treatment company that provides solutions for the chemical and pharmaceutical, utilities and power, oil and gas, government contracting and general industry markets. They are a vertically integrated company with more than 20 years of experience.
The Vice President of Engineering will responsible for overseeing all aspects of leading and managing all engineering resources, and ensuring compliance with internal and external customer milestones and requirements. This position has overall responsibility for ensuring the day-to-day operational efficiency of the Engineering Department including supervising and leading the Department and Engineering Subcontractors in support of clients, program management and sales. Due to company growth, this is a newly created position reporting to the CEO.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Leads systems engineering, process engineering and design engineering personnel, in addition to selecting, approving and managing qualified engineering subcontractors.
- Provides oversight for the development, implementation and compliance of engineering policies, and procedures.
- Directs the completion of planned and ad-hoc engineering work assignments required for existing contracts and new business.
- Plans, organizes, monitors, and assesses the performance of the engineering department, it’s personnel and the quality and timeliness of the work including: drawings, bills of material and the authorization of engineering driven purchasing decisions.
- Makes sure the engineering department has the requisite tools, capacity and talent to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Develops a high performance, best-in-class engineering organization, mitigating engineering escapes that lead to safety concerns, fabrication and field rework, over-time and scrap.
- Engages in the bidding and negotiating process. Ensures that system architecture designs, pilot, lab and feasibility studies are completed on-time and on-budget and that budget estimates are accurate.
Requirements for this Position:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Minimum of 5-10 years of management level experience leading an engineering department
- Knowledge of water treatment and dewatering systems
- Ability to write professional business correspondence and procedural manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers
- Ability to quickly define problems, gather and assess relevant data and information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in order to implement solutions and delegate to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead employees, experience with HR processes as they relate to direct reports (e.g., performance management, development, coaching, feedback, etc.), and ability to effectively delegate
- Highly organized and skilled with time management
- Strong client facing skills required
- Flexible to travel regionally
- Ability to communicate at all levels effectively and able to translate complex technical engineering issues into non-technical and business language
Our client is offering a competitive salary, bonus and full benefits.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Christl@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (519) 270-3780 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.