Our client is a well-recognized leader in the design and supply of packaged and modular water and wastewater solutions. They provide industrial water and wastewater treatment systems for a broad range of industries, and also provide drinking water systems and sanitary wastewater treatment packaged units in plants, facilities and camps around the globe. They require an entrepreneurial Sales Engineer with an established clientele for their territory.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for:
- Developing and growing new business and expanding existing accounts in the industrial water and wastewater market sector in various territories in the United States.
- Targeting sales to the HPI, CPI, F&B and general industries where wastewater re-use or recycle is desired.
- Enhancing the company’s visibility and owning the key customer relationships to support sales activities.
- Developing and executing on sales opportunities with the support of the applications engineering and project management group.
- Supporting the sales of mobile systems and services as required.
- Identifying projects or opportunities, prequalifying and developing relations with key clients, and identifying valued sales opportunities and closing sales opportunities that are strategic and meet the company’s financial objectives.
- Achieving growth targets and bookings, preparing and administrating sales and marketing budgets and customer service resolution. Annual sales target will be developed and executed upon.
- Developing and managing penetration strategies for key target accounts in order to create and direct your success as a Regional Manager in this technical and customer oriented role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Focused on project identification and project pre-qualification for capital equipment sales in the industrial water and wastewater markets;
- Support business development strategies across industrial markets as required with a greater emphasis on qualifying sales opportunities and executing a closing strategy for the business;
- Develop and nurture client and end user relationships;
- Identify, develop and manage representative network for territory or specific industrial market sector if beneficial in developing the business;
- Support sales efforts for rental equipment and services as required;
- Present and sell the value of our products and services that can benefit our customer needs
- Participates in client site visits as required;
- Designate and participate in appropriate and strategic industrial tradeshows;
- Effectively interface with Operations, Engineering, Project Management and other company functions to enhance customer satisfaction;
- Be able to effectively manage time, budget and expenses.
- This role is in the US only and US based applicants are preferred;
- At least 5 years of experience in direct sales and account management directly related to industrial process water and wastewater treatment or process systems and technology;
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Industrial, or Civil Water Resources), Biology, or Chemistry, or Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline or Engineering Technology diploma (Chemical, Industrial or Water Resources);
- 10+ years’ experience in the industrial water and wastewater treatment industry in an engineering or technical support role.
- Must be able to travel client sites and offices as required.
Our client is offering a competitive salary, bonus and full benefits.
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word attachment preferred) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest to: Christl@jsmithassoc.com. Or, you may call (519) 270-3780 for more information. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in the placement of exceptional candidates in the Water and Wastewater Treatment industries. To view other opportunities on which we are currently working, go to our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.